Privacy Rights with CrowdCause Incorporated
We understand the privacy of your personal information is important. Yes, we have to say goofy statements like this. (Isn’t it obvious your personal information is important to you?) We have to state the obvious to compensate for the occasional idiot who wants to take advantage of us. Endure the remaining legal jargon if you want to know what you’ve agreed to by accessing and using our website. Ultimate boredom if you ask us. Better yet, buy a deal, print it off and go to dinner.
On this page you will find information on policies and practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information submitted to us through CrowdCause; basically we will cover what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit our site, and how we protect your information.
Storage of your Information: It is possible your Personal Information may be processed and stored in other countries (including the United States) where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. (I guess the United States is proud of all its rules and regulations) Regardless of where your Personal Information is stored, your Personal Information will not be used or disclosed for purposes for which you have not given consent or which are not permitted under applicable law.
Collection of Information
• "Personal Information" - information about you is personally identifiable (your name, e-mail address, user ID number, and other non-public information)
"Anonymous Information" - information not associated with or linked to your Personal Information and does not permit the identification of individual persons.
Your personal information
We collect Personal Information you submit to us voluntarily through CrowdCause. We also collect information you submit in the process of creating or editing your account and user profile on CrowdCause, or other content you submit during your use of the website, such as photos, reviews, or ratings. We may also collect information about you and your friends who use CrowdCause, from any social network you may have connected from. When you purchase a Deal, you will need to submit your credit card or other payment information so our service providers can process the transaction.
Personal information from other sources
We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources with which you have registered; companies who we have partnered with (collectively, "Partners") or other third parties. We may compile this information with the other Personal Information we have collected about you.
E-mail and e-mail addresses
If you subscribe to our daily deal program or send an e-mail to us we will collect your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files, and other information you provide. We may use and display your full name and email address when you send an email notification to a friend through CrowdCause or the social network from which you have connected to CrowdCause (such as in an invitation, or when sharing your content). Additionally, we use your email address to contact you on behalf of your friends (such as when someone sends you a personal message) or notifications from a social network or other website with whom you have registered to receive such notifications. We may use this e-mail address to contact you, for things such as notifications of limited edition shop sales and other related information. You may indicate your preference to stop receiving further promotional communications as further detailed below.
Information collected via technology
• "Internet protocol address" or "IP Address" - a number is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases your IP Address stays the same from browser session to browser session; but if you use a consumer internet access provider, your IP Address probably varies from session to session.
• "Cookies" - small pieces of information a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal experience with CrowdCause. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser help file directions. In order to use our services offered through CrowdCause, your web browser must accept Cookies. If you choose to disable Cookies, some aspects of CrowdCause may not work properly, and you may not be able to receive our services.
• “Web Beacons” – small, transparent graphic images
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use CrowdCause and we do not endorse, intentionally collect or maintain Personal Information from those who are under 13 years old. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. In accordance with our strong stance on this policy, if we obtain actual knowledge a user is under 13, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information permanently from our databases. We highly recommend children between the ages of 13 and 18 obtain their parent’s permission before submitting information over the internet. By using CrowdCause, you are representing you are at least 18 years old, or you are at least 13 years old and have a parent’s or guardian’s permission to use CrowdCause.
Use of Your Personal Information
• We may provide your Personal Information to third-party service providers who work on behalf of or with us to provide some of the services and features of CrowdCause and to help us communicate with you. Examples of such services include sending email, fulfilling orders, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments (including credit card payments), and providing customer service. We require our third-party service providers to promise not to use such information except as necessary to provide the relevant services to us.
• We may share your content preferences and other information with the social network with which you have connected to CrowdCause, along with those companies and persons you have asked us to share your information with.
Advertising and third party sales
Choices regarding your personal information
Updating Personal Information
We encourage you to update your Personal Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on the Website. Also, it may be impossible for us to completely delete all of your information because we periodically backup information.
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we maintain about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Information, please contact us at www.crowdcause.org. We may charge a reasonable fee for this service. We want to make sure your information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information which you think is inaccurate. You may change any of your profile information by editing it in the Profile settings page.
Other’s ability to view your information
Helping you to protect your information is a vital part of our mission. It is up to you to make sure you are comfortable with the information you choose to provide us and the information you choose to publish. You understand when you use CrowdCause, certain information you post or provide through CrowdCause, such as your name, profile, comments, collections and reviews, may be shared with other users and posted on publicly available portions of CrowdCause, including without limitation, social media applications and other public forum in which you choose to participate. Please keep in mind if you choose to disclose Personal Information when posting comments or other information or content through CrowdCause, this information may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others, including people outside the CrowdCause community. We will not have any obligations with respect to any information you post to parts of CrowdCause available to others, and recommend you use caution when giving out personal information to others through social media networks or otherwise.
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Even though we have taken significant steps to protect your Personal Information, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
Contact and Revisions
The whole reason for our existence is to support the work of local Non-Profits. We have structured our business to do just this! If there is a problem with the reporting tool for deal revenue and Non-Profit allocation, monies will be apportioned based on the sole discretion of CrowdCause Incorporated. This will be handled with integrity and a good deal of thought.